DCS provided owner’s representative services for Global Village Academy in Aurora. The project consisted of a 22,000 sf gymnasium and two-story classroom addition, as well as, numerous site improvements including expansion of parking, new pick-up/drop-off loop, upgrades to playing fields and new irrigation. The gymnasium facility was designed to accommodate both physical fitness/sporting events and performing arts functions. The classroom addition was also created with multi-use and maximum functionality in mind. Through the use of pre-fabricated modular DIRTT walls, classroom spaces are able to expand for lager assemblies or be sectioned off for smaller group activities. These multifunctional spaces will allow Global Village to shift learning environments with circular needs and accommodate ever-changing student populations for years to come. DCS provided full owner’s representative services including:
- Oversight and management of project funding including master budget and monthly draw process
- Development and management of master schedule;
- City of Aurora planning review support and negotiations including traffic rerouting;
- State of Colorado building approval and permitting;
- Design and Construction oversight;
- Solicitation, procurement and contract administration: survey, geotechnical engineering, environmental analysis, 3rd party inspections, materials testing, architect, contractor, etc.
- Management of FF&E process including identification of needs and procurement;
DCS returned to Global Village in the summer of 2016 to assist the school with management and oversight of a playground installation provided through a KaBOOM! Grant. DCS ensured that the necessary approvals and city permits were in place and that the contractor completed the required site work and foundation. At the time the playground equipment arrived, Global Village was all hands on deck with students, staff and community members all lending a helping hand to install the new playground. The final result: a playground to be cherished and enjoyed by students for years to come.